Manager, Software Development - Commerce
- Lehi, UT, USA
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Software Development Manager to lead our world-class engineering team in creating, enhancing and maintaining our Commerce Platform. The vision of the Commerce Platform is to enable Ancestry to sell any type of product, using any payment method, in any country throughout the world!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a well-functioning engineering organization and help lead us to the next level! As a technology leader with exceptional business acumen, you will collaborate with other engineering leaders within the Commerce organization as well as Marketing to unlock the huge potential that our platform can offer. You will play a pivotal role in delivering on our business-critical projects and shaping the future of CaaS (Commerce as a Service).
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the team. You will hire, retain, mentor, coach and develop technical talent.
- Play a key role in shaping the engineering culture of your team and the greater Commerce Organization.
- Guide your team to continuously improve and ensure that they deliver on commitments
- Define, own and track to a roadmap for each of the services under your teams’ stewardship.
- Create project plans for engineering-driven projects.
- Partner closely with a Product Manager and Principal Engineer to lead your team.
- Report directly to the Engineering Director of Commerce Platform
- Represent your team and status at organizational meetings.
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience
- 2+ years of direct management experience required
- Bachelor's in computer science degree (or related discipline) required (master's preferred)
- Experience with Server side technologies, specifically Java and HTTP web services
- Micro services based architecture (REST)
- Skilled in designing and developing enterprise grade software in fast-paced distributed environments (highly scalable, reliable, available)
- Familiar with Agile methodologies (Scrum, KanBan)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people and diplomacy skills
- Experience with eCommerce technologies and principles.
- Familiarity with PCI and SOX
- Experience build a XaaS platform
- Experience working with AWS
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.