Software Quality Engineer - Central Quality Team
- Lehi, UT, USA
The Central Quality Engineering team is an important cross-enterprise team at Ancestry, that provides best practices, tools, and standards for Ancestry’s development teams and their 50+ Quality Engineers.
Ancestry is seeking an exceptional and motivated Senior Software Quality Engineer to join our Central Quality Team. In this important role you will drive the “integration” portion of the test automation pyramid. You will provide quality mentoring to many of Ancestry’s development teams and significantly improve the ways they perform continuous integration testing within and between teams. You will work with individual teams, to show and influence them to adopt best practices in testing approaches, test automation techniques, and test tools.
- Provide mentoring and empower members of the broader Quality organization to become “force multipliers” in driving quality capabilities and culture.
- Decide which tests lend themselves well to automation
- Create new and evolving quality and testing concepts, capabilities, and practices, drawing upon industry best practices.
- Collaborate with software developers, product owners, and architects to plan, design, develop and test tools.
- Stay up to date on and share evolving industry standards and best practices for test automation.
- Troubleshoot technical issues from other teams for their automated integration tests.
- Be an advocate for quality; provide mentoring and empower members of the Quality organization to maintain our focus on user delight
- Automation at the broader “end-to-end” system-level test using Selenium and Sauce Labs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field) required
- Experience in developing and maintaining healthy, collaborative working relationships with peers and leaders
- Ability to influence and persuade business leaders
- Strong decision, analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Extensive experience with Agile and Continuous Delivery engineering principles and practices that drive quality
- 5+ years prior test and development experience (we use Java)
- 3+ years of testing and test automation experience, testing multi-tier applications and services, including: web, micro service and business tiers, the data tier, and mobile
- Mastery of functional test principles, practices and tools specifically related to automation, pipeline integration, quality gates, and systems integration. This includes system level functional testing, where customer-centric testing occurs to ensure continued delivery of user flows
- Experienced with coaching/mentoring/teaching testing principles, practices and tools
- Deep hands-on experience with integration test tools, and in cross-team integration efforts.
- Frameworks (Spring or Express preferred)
- Microservices based architecture (REST)
- Experience with AWS, it’s technologies, and the risks involved in delivering reliable and resilient systems in the cloud environment
- Unit, integration and system testing principles, practices and tools, in context of Agile Development practices and product delivery through a CI/CD pipeline
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.