Software Development, Intern (Testing Center of Excellence)
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
What You’ll Do:
Ancestry seeks a highly motivated, internet-savvy Software Development intern to join our Testing Center of Excellence team. The Test Center of Excellence team creates software solutions that improve quality across the entire engineering organization. The team also creates testing best practices and provides support to embedded Quality Engineers throughout the company. As a Software Developer on the Testing Center of Excellence team you will help to create systems that the Ancestry will leverage to ensure that only the best products and features reach our customers. You will also help the team create best practices and train Quality Engineers.
- Contribute to a system that ensures teams deploy code that is healthy and error free
- Contribute to a framework that enables Quality Engineers to write reusable and robust tests
- Collaborate with the team to create testing best practices
- Iterate as part of an Agile team to provide value to the quality organization
- Champion quality and excellence throughout the organization
Who You Are:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s or Ph.D. level degree
- Must be currently enrolled in a university and graduating after Summer 2019
- Working knowledge of Linux and POSIX utilities
- Working knowledge of Databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Knowledgeable about software automation methodologies including unit, integration, and regression tests and code coverage
- Details oriented with a desire to create and test quality products
- Selenium experience preferred
- AWS experience preferred
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD system preferred
It takes customer obsession to pioneer and focus on what matters most, to tackle challenges, break through boundaries to create change, to stay on the cutting edge, and pioneer relentlessly. We are looking for the next generation of talent to drive the business, grow our people, and put the customer before all else.
Our culture empowers journeys of personal discovery, giving you the freedom to participate in impactful projects and explore the intersections of our businesses: technology, data science, DNA science, product, design, marketing, legal, and more. We’re looking for innovative minds, diverse ideas, and for students interested in connecting personal discoveries and technology. Our interns enjoy mentorship and experience challenging work while receiving fantastic pay, fully-paid temporary housing, and having a fun captivating experience—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
For more information on what we do and to apply to open Ancestry internships, visit our careers page:
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.