- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry.com has an amazing opportunity for an Assistant Controller. This position will report to the U.S. Controller and will be responsible for managing several aspects of the U.S month-end close process and daily operations of the U.S. accounting department. This financial leader will also have an entrepreneurial drive and a desire to be part of a unique culture that is committed to growing our organization.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of accounting professionals
- Complete month-end close processes and oversee work performed by other accounting professionals
- Review month-end balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries for compliance with U.S. GAAP and accurate management reporting
- Support external and internal auditors
- Contribute to technical accounting research projects
- Prepare statements of cash flows
- Provide accounting support for business-unit partners, and ensure proper accounting of transactions
- Update and maintain policies and procedures documentation for GL accounts
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial reports and SEC filings
- Ensure accounting-related controls and processes are effective in both design and operation
- Establish and maintain solid working relationships with other departments and financial analysts to ensure that accounting records are complete and accurate
- Provide and communicate accurate and timely information for decision making to management
- Collaborate with other departments on special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of experience as an accounting supervisor/manager or in public accounting (Big 4 experience preferred)
- A thorough understanding of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements and ability to apply in a practical manner
- Ability to act independently, exercising independent decision making and fulfilling responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Excellent data skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal
- Excellent supervisory and teamwork skills with the ability to work with others in a professional manner
- Ability to focus and prioritize to meet deadlines with high attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Well-developed professional judgment and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Oracle, TM1, wdesk FloQast experience a plus
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.