- San Francisco, CA, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
AncestryDNA is seeking a motivated and talented Statistical Geneticist with experience in statistical analysis and computational method development in conjunction with genetic data. Working with a diverse team of population geneticists, computer scientists and epidemiologists, the Statistical Geneticist will utilize, develop, and implement methods for modeling genotypes from nearly 15 million individuals and phenotypes and metadata from billions of historical documents and pedigrees. The successful candidate will be eager to analyze and integrate these data sources to provide meaningful genomic discoveries for consumers.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Biostatistics, Genetics, Statistics, Computational Biology, or related field
- Experience analyzing and modeling human genetic and phenotype data, particularly in diverse populations
- Extensive experience in implementing and/or developing statistical and computational methods, preferably in application to large datasets
- Research experience involving electronic medical records data, clinical phenotypes, ontologies, or genetic disorders is a plus
- Excellent programming skills, with experience using Python and/or R in a Linux environment
- Proficiency in data QC and visualization, strong analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Desire and ability to develop and execute on novel research projects in the field
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills for our collaborative and fast-paced team environment
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.