Senior Product Manager, Health
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry seeks a product leader to join our health team, to own and drive experiences rooted in our mission of empowering journeys of personal discovery to enrich lives. With the largest family tree and consumer genomic databases in the world, you will be uniquely positioned to reveal unparalleled insights through delivering personal and family health information in a human-friendly manner. You will strive to develop a strong understanding of customer motivations and needs to lead your team to create features that delight current and future customers. You will collaborate with Ancestry’s team of scientists, researchers, designers, product owners, and engineers, to produce value, leading to a larger vision for a product you are proud to share with family and friends.
This position is located in our San Francisco office, near Oracle Park and one block from Caltrain.
What You Will Do
- Articulate and drive the vision for how new and existing customers will make personal discoveries through their own family health information
- Define roadmap and deliver features that facilitate health-related customer journeys
- Author product stories, tasks, and acceptance criteria for scrum teams; own the backlog
- Build strong working relationships and fundamental alignment with peers in Design, Engineering, Science, and Commercial teams.
- Facilitate product continuity and organizational alignment between different initiatives
- Collaborate with quality assurance and regulatory affairs to comply with quality standards and pertinent regulation; produce documentation as needed
- Establish a process to maximize your team’s efficiency and effectiveness in an ever-evolving environment
- Engage external partners to accelerate development and maximize customer satisfaction
- Define, track, and communicate clear success criteria
Who You Are
As a member of the Product team, you are passionate about our customers, fascinated by science, and insatiably compelled to build innovative products that delight and engage. Our product managers lead through understanding opportunities, creating a vision, validating potential paths through rapid prototyping, measurement, and user research, then partnering with development and marketing to launch and iterate.
- Minimum of 5+ years building and shipping interactive consumer-facing products at scale (UX experience is a plus)
- Incredibly smart, creative, driven, and experienced navigating a complex organization to deliver amazing products quickly
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree (STEM preferred)
- Strong writing skills
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Execution oriented and highly organized
- Masterful communicator and able to lead through influence
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, you use facts to make decisions
- Passion for innovating and solving problems in the health space
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.