Lead Inventory Specialist
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry seeks a Lead Inventory Specialist to join our Content team. The Inventory team is responsible for ingesting all images into ancestry systems. Inventory also handles content and equipment logistics between Lehi, remote sites, archives, and our warehouse. The team is vital in ensuring the receipt and delivery of content delivers consistent value to our customers and content providers.
As the Lead Inventory Specialist, you will ensure the team’s workload is appropriately balanced and work alongside the team to ensure tasks are completed. You will also be responsible for process documentation, training, meeting commitments, and ensuring high performance across the team.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate effectively across teams, manage priorities, and ensure team workload is appropriately distributed to optimize fulfillment
- Responsible for coordination, receipt, and delivery of content and equipment with sites worldwide (including virtual)
- Exemplify great performance through personal completion of tasks and providing 2nd level support to other specialists
- Oversee image ingestion and associated data normalization to ensure standards are accurately upheld
- Oversee process documentation, standards, and cross-training of team members
- Complete migration of warehoused archived content into the cloud
- Other responsibilities as the Sr. Manager, Content Tech-Ops sees fit
Who You Are:
- Strong leadership capability with strict attention to detail and standards
- Self-motivated with the ability to rally a team around a goal
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to quickly prioritize around tight deadlines
- Strong technical capability and proficiency in excel
- Ability and willingness to perform physical labor, including lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Proficiency in SQL is a plus
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.