Sr. Product Designer, UI and Design Systems Job ID: 18-749
- San Francisco, CA, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is seeking an innovative, strategic, customer obsessed, and experienced visual design lead to join our San Francisco and deliver remarkable brand experiences. The ideal candidate has an awe-inspiring portfolio, demonstrated leadership ability, and the skills necessary to connect the dots between science and the customer with meticulous attention to detail.
This is an essential role on the design team, requiring that you are a hands-on design expert, capable of taking concepts forward (from start to finish), working hand-in-hand with an integrated and cross-functional team.
Our Ancestry Team
- We are an entrepreneurial team comprised of dedicated, warm, supportive, and friendly professionals, each with deep expertise in their domain
- We are excited for the life-altering potential that will come with presenting insights derived from epic data sets.
- We encourage each other to challenge convention, take risks, and to continue pushing for better ways to delight our customers
What you'll do
- You will thrive in ambiguity
- Sweat the details because you know that design matters
- Thrive on translating complex scientific concepts and business requirements into high-quality, meaningful, and engaging product experiences
- Think holistically about our brand and product strategy and support/develop a design system that brings it to life
- Extend broad and conceptual ideas into interaction design concepts and solutions
- Support systems and processes that promote user-centered design practices across the organization
- Partner with product managers on product strategy and definition
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and cohesion
- Design flows and interfaces that connect emotionally with our customers
- Solve some of the most vexing challenges of your career
What we are looking for
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of desktop and mobile digital products and experiences
- Years of fearless experience designing for web-based and mobile customer experiences (agency or client side)
- You are obsessed and hyper-focused on the customer and solving real world challenges
- Mastery of design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.)
- A passionate advocate for high-quality design, execution, and implementation of interactive products people love using
- Experience working across multiple project and creative teams
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.