Content Production Specialist- Imaging and Quality Production
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is looking to fill the position of Content Production Specialist. This individual will report to the Content Production Supervisor. Qualified candidates will be computer literate, detail-oriented, and comfortable working at repetitive tasks with accuracy and speed. Furthermore, the applicant should be a goal-oriented individual who is equally comfortable working independently and in a team environment.
This position is full time and located in Lehi, UT. Work hours will be 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m Monday through Friday.
This position is compensated at $12.25 per hour.
Key Responsibilities/Performance Requirements:
- Complete quality assurance audits on digitized content
- Complete quality control audits for vendor partner audits
- Perform basic image enhancement and manipulation tasks
- Assure the quality of indexed data from pre-scanned documents
- Handle archival material according to strict guidelines and expectations
- Digitize microfilm, microfiche, books, or other historical documents for future publication to Ancestry
- Manage individual work time effectively and work well with others
- The ability to pick up new technical/computer tasks easily and quickly
- A willingness to learn new methodologies and software
- The capacity to maintain a positive, engaged attitude while working at repetitive tasks
- A temperament that easily adapts to changes in tasks and procedures
- An eagerness towards achieving personal and team goals
- Previous scanning experience and digital image editing a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Paleographic skills a plus
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on a specific task is essential
- Preferred Qualifications include: foreign language skills, indexing experience, library or family history research
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.