Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry.com has an amazing opportunity for an experienced Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis supporting the Marketing organization. This highly visible position will report to the Marketing Director of FP&A and will be responsible for leading key financial/business performance reporting processes; including financial assessments, monthly and quarterly business reviews, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan development, and other related responsibilities. This financial leader will have excellent communication skills, established leadership experience, a firm understanding of finance and accounting concepts, superb analytical abilities and incredible attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Preparation of monthly reporting packages
- Experience with financial reporting, forecasting, and analysis across the income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows
- Coordination and completion of the planning process, inclusive of annual budgets, forecasts, and long-term plans
- Work with corporate functional managers to develop and build plans
- Maintain and develop standard business metrics for analyzing business performance
- Maintain existing and develop new management information reports that report key metrics and communicate trends to appropriate management
- Maintain and improve planning tools and processes
- Analysis and tracking of strategic initiatives, including development of supporting models and expected outcomes
- Report actual results versus plan, including variance analysis insights
- BS in Finance, MBA is STRONGLY preferred (with equivalent Planning experience)
- 7+ years of progressive relevant experience; minimum 3 years in a leadership role;
- Strong business partnering skills and a holistic view of business strategy, processes and financial objectives
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, pivot table, report building skills
- Strong analytical abilities with sharp attention to detail a must
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Experience with TM1 and Oracle Financials or comparable technologies required
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to perform complex financial analyses and modeling
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with all levels of an organization.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.