CRM Copywriter - Contract
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
We’re looking for a writer to collaborate with Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Marketing team partners to create fresh, compelling copy across a wide variety of projects, including email campaigns, website copy, and more.
You’ll work across teams and disciplines to deeply understand our customers and partner with marketing and CRM teams to develop messages to reach those customers. You’ll also take complex information and concepts and distill them into engaging user experiences that are easily understood by our target audiences and inspire them to engage with our brand.
As a copywriter, you’ll take responsibility for the quality of all writing assigned, ensuring that it stays on brand, follows voice standards, and performs to achieve the metrics required by the project, all following digital best practices and achieving creative excellence.
Overall, you’re inquisitive, collaborative, conceptual, and of course, an amazing writer. And you’ll be a valued partner on a dynamic team.
Note: This is a a six (6) month in-house contract position. We are unable to consider telecommuting or remote contractors for this role.
- Implement marketing strategy and objectives with creative solutions that are both compelling and drive response
- Partner with key team members to develop the tone and communication strategy for CRM and lifecycle marketing initiatives
- Gain a deep understanding of the motivations and behaviors of our target audiences to increase the relevance and effectiveness of your ideas
- Expertly present and diplomatically defend your work and area of expertise, while maintaining and building positive relationships with internal and external partners
- Be able to take direction, go beyond what is asked and constantly challenge yourself
- Thrive in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of professional copywriting experience for web, digital
- A solid portfolio proving a variety of work - please provide a link to your portfolio on your resume or in your application
- Excellent writing, editing, and conceptual skills demonstrating an ability to be very clear and concise
- Strong interpersonal communication, organization, and time-management skills
- The flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstrated experience with testing and conversion-related creative and direct-response marketing a plus
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.