Onsite Marketing Conversion Specialist
- San Francisco, CA, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
At Ancestry our Conversion Specialist is part of the Conversion Marketing team and is responsible for improving and optimizing the user experience at each step in the conversion funnel with the end goal of maximizing revenue from visitors.
As a member of the Marketing Conversion team you will be a part of an extremely collaborative and innovative group. We are seeking an energetic, passionate, and personable team member with the ability to see the big picture as well as the small details, make proper trade offs, and continue to evolve our marketing strategies to meet aggressive goals. To succeed in this role you will need to enjoy working in a fast pace environment and strive to deliver results while working under tight deadlines.
- 3+ years of a combination of consumer marketing and digital marketing experience in an e-commerce or online services company is required. Subscription-based business model is highly desirable.
- Experience executing A/B and MVT tests online, including ideation, execution, and reporting.
- The ideal candidate will have some technical know-how on building and modifying web pages and a good understanding of how A/B testing and web analytics tools work.
- Proven experience of delivering both improvements in conversion metrics within an ecommerce business as well as ongoing optimization.
- Demonstrable track record of leading strategy and driving execution. This requires strong communication, organizational and project management skills.
- Experience of testing on high volume entry pages, offer pages and sign-up flows, with focus on improving conversion at each step to maximizing revenue.
- Exceptional communication skills: must be able to articulate a clear, persuasive argument verbally and in writing.
- Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills.
- Strongly analytical: must be able to synthesize information from various sources and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Superior ability to build strong relationships of trust across the organization.
- Confident decision maker.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or related experience.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.