CRM Marketing Analyst
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Do you love to use data to understand customer behavior? If you have excellent technical skills and an innate curiosity about what customers are thinking, you should apply for this position.
As a CRM Marketing Analyst you will help drive Ancestry’s success by analyzing, testing, and visualizing customer behavior as it relates to billions of points of communication annually between Ancestry and its customers. You will need the technical acumen to access and leverage data at scale in order to evaluate each communication’s effectiveness. You will become a testing expert and actively manage A/B or multivariate tests in email, SMS, and Push. In addition to working closely with the internal digital marketing team, you’ll also get the opportunity to work closely with the Marketing Analytics team, using data to inform decisions about the customer journey and customer segments.
What you will do:
- Bring statistical rigor to the formulation and analysis of digital marketing tests and clearly communicate test results and recommendations to business stakeholders.
- Use excellent technical skills to access information from various structured and unstructured data sources.
- Independently own projects with the CRM team, setting timelines and expectations.
- Keep a constant and proactive eye out for potential improvements in analytics processes, data quality and data sources/tools.
- Initiate and drive data projects, writing clear requirements for our ETL and Development teams.
- 1-2 years experience analyzing and curating large datasets using SQL; Advanced expertise with SQL is required.
- Advanced expertise in Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas, etc).
- Familiarity with Adobe and Tableau.
- Strong research and analytical mindset.
- Extremely detail-oriented, but still able to see the big picture.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present data stories in a clear, concise manner.
- Can translate statistical and modeling concepts into plain English.
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity
- Experience working with and analyzing email a plus
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.