Senior US Programming Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
With a track record including shows such as ‘Who Do You Think You Are?’ and “Long Lost Family” and digital partnerships such as the ‘DNA Journey’ video, Ancestry is a leading player in strategic programming and branded content on all platforms. Ancestry seeks a Senior US Programming Manager to propel our thematic content strategy to the next level across multiple platforms.
As part of the Global Programming team, you will build and execute a world-class multi-platform commercial programming strategy, leveraging a broad network of agencies, production companies, writers and storytellers. The aim is to produce compelling content that builds a category and brand, inspires consumer engagement and turbocharges our media investments across all platforms. Focusing on the US, you will influence strategy, partner selection and ensure performance and a robust pipeline across a multi-platform landscape.
This position is located in our San Francisco office, one block from CalTrain, near the Oracle Ballpark.
What you will do:
- Contribute to Ancestry’s US Programming strategy and drive our roadmap to success in elevating Ancestry’s Programming, show development pipeline and distribution goals.
- Inspire innovating and enriching programming concepts, solutions and partnerships in a rapidly evolving media landscape.
- Manage and lead the day-to-day execution of our new and existing programs and episodic content ensuring Ancestry is maximizing its presence and value in all programs.
- Liaise with our Agency Partners, who serve one of the first points of contact for creative ideas and proposals; analysing, identifying and prioritizing opportunities for the Programming team.
- Partnering closely with our Brand Media and Finance teams ensuring every Ancestry marketing dollar is leveraged driving maximum ROI.
- Ensure executional excellence for a highly visible, high growth team within Ancestry.
- Collaborate with our robust internal team of experts, creatives, visionaries and country managers to create rich, meaningful, brand infused programming that inspires audiences everywhere.
- Develop and oversee processes and procedures to help manage pipelines, project plans and internal promotional plans for all programs.
5 years minimum experience working at an International or US media agency/ TV Network (free and/or paid)/ TV or Streaming Show Production house
Ability to build and present business case for programming initiatives and then lead those multi-million dollar programming initiatives across multiple channels in a highly ROI-driven culture
Self-starter, incredibly organized and driven with exceptional attention to detail
Expertise with contracts, contract negotiation and negotiation tactics and process
Firm understanding of the traditional broadcast media environment
Enjoys the creative process but understands the business impact and value of driving audiences to be inspired to engage with our product
Additional Skills and Experience of Interest:
Able to articulate complex problems and ideas and present to internal and external stakeholders
Ability and willingness to work with colleagues and partners in multiple time zones
Willingness to travel
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.