- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
You will be an integral part of a team consisting of population geneticists, epidemiologists, genetic counselors, communication specialists, laboratory scientists, and product development specialists. As a Behavioral Scientist, you will play a key role as a subject matter expert on behavior change and will support the team by liaising closely with cross-functional teams to provide insight and guidance on behavior change as it relates to product(s) and content.
- Use behavioral science insights to help drive engagement towards Ancestry’s products.
- Advocate behavioral science methods more broadly across the company and generalize learnings into a framework that can help bring behavioral science to scale.
- Review/create content including product material, digital content, presentations, training material, topic briefs, and internal communications.
- Develop scientifically validated products for digital environments.
- Design, conduct and analyze experiments to determine the most impactful in-product design strategies.
- Improve the efficacy of existing products and identify opportunities to expand and grow.
- Design nudges for evaluation and implementation in products.
- Maintain and expand relationships with key internal stakeholders and external partners during product development.
- Continue to build a network of advocates in the behavior modification, social science, public health, and genetics field.
- Be intellectually curious and open to innovation, but maintain objectivity and challenge when necessary to ensure that the focus remains on scientific foundations.
- Able to take complex scientific principles and translate these into everyday terms and understanding.
- A background in behavioral science built up through industry experience or through appropriate academic qualifications, such as a Ph.D. or an MSc in social psychology, behavioral economics, behavioral marketing, public health, or a related academic discipline
- 3+ years of experience with graduate degree OR 5+years with a BS/BA
- Working knowledge and/or experience in health and wellness is preferred.
- Experience related to genetics a plus
- Hands on experience and current knowledge of the behavior change field; from an understanding of new techniques related to behavior modification to direct experience working with customers to refine behavior change programs.
- Demonstrated success in effecting behavior change via diverse communication channels
- Experience researching and/or implementing digital programs
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams as a strong team player as well as independently.
- Successful history and ability to handle several fast-paced projects concurrently.
- Experience building things from scratch and working effectively in evolving, fluid and fast-paced environments.
- Great communication, writing, and presentation skills to scientific and non-scientific audiences.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.