Marketing Manager, CRM Lifecycle
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry's CRM Team is seeking a creative and data-driven marketer to join the team to support lifecycle email and multi-channel marketing efforts. In this role, you will identify and promote customer loyalty and retention while always striving to create the optimal customer experience. The process includes research, planning, coordination, testing, design, execution of key marketing communications and analysis of results. This position collaborates closely with internal teams across multiple offices.
- Partner with key business units including product and technology teams, PR, digital, onsite marketing to develop, execute and optimize a program that promotes customer loyalty and retention.
- Deliver a cohesive message and experience throughout the customer journey for Ancestry members that aims to educate, inspire and engage our core audience.
- Identify key trends around customer attrition and create plans to deliver customer value and address customer concerns.
- Leverage insights and partner with key product teams to build marketing programs that lead customers down a path of guided discoveries.
- Collaborate with marketing tech teams to leverage critical data attributes that will help drive a consistent and cohesive customer experience throughout their journey with Ancestry.
- Partner with critical customer facing marketing teams (onsite, display advertising, social, PR) as well as our product partners to ensure programs are multi-channel, integrated, personalized and reflect product roadmaps and audience insights.
- Understand the lifecycle framework, define target audiences, and develop corresponding communication strategies across multiple channels. Work with Creative partners to develop clean designs and digestible content.
- Identify and apply best practices to measure, analyze, test and determine new opportunities and provide recommendations for improved customer experience. Optimize performance through A/B testing and partner with marketing analytics to deliver program results.
- Leverage personalization and the dynamic delivery of content to maximize conversion based upon key data attributes.
- Track competitive and trends and surface insights that will help us continue to grow and innovate as a marketing team.
- Experience creating, messaging and implementing customer loyalty programs.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience with a strong focus on email marketing and an understanding of other marketing channels including SMS, push and digital advertising.
- A track record of managing marketing communications and various types of customer lifecycle programs.
- Analytical mindset with experience delving into reporting and data to identify trends and manage to data. Experience translating those numbers into business insights and hypotheses.
- Effective at planning and prioritizing.
- Creative problem solver with a history of performance excellence with a balance of big-picture thinking and detailed execution.
- Strong track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional relationships and a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate marketing messages and concepts through various mediums.
- Ability to work with well under pressure while maintaining good attitude.
- Internally motivated and enjoy working independently, as well as collaboratively, in a team environment.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.