- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world
We’re looking for an exceptional writer with an eye for detail who has the ability to write concise, helpful, and friendly copy. You’ll work closely with user researchers, UX designers, and product managers to create concise, compelling microcopy for the company’s websites, mobile apps, and DNA products. You may also be responsible for writing guidance, creating help topics, and writing emails and product descriptions. If you’re self-motivated, organized, and passionate about making the best experience for your users, we’d love to have you join our team.
What you’ll be doing
- Write microcopy for the website and mobile apps, craft emails and product descriptions, and edit content produced by other writers.
- Help create copy standards and overall voice for the website.
Work in a fast-paced, flexible, and fun environment where you’ll repurpose and edit site content, participate in usability testing, and brainstorm with the team and product managers to create new products.
What we’re looking for
- 2 to 5 years experience writing and editing.
- A BA/BS in English, journalism, communications (or related field).
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills, including the ability to write for a range of voices and styles (web copywriting or technical writing preferred).
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- A working knowledge of usability and web design.
- An obsession with styles guides, a passion for punctuation, or a family tree full of crazy relatives (and good stories) is a plus!
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.