Senior Manager of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
The Senior Manager of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting is a key member of the Ancestry Finance family and the Accounting leadership team. In this role, you will report to the Chief Accounting Officer and will be expected to take ownership of the company’s financial reporting and technical accounting. You will have two direct reports and will be empowered to develop people, processes and tools into a reporting/technical accounting capability that is second to none.
You are the expert in U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting, but you don’t let it go to your head. You are respectful of the views of others, and you value constant learning and continuous improvement. You are an excellent communicator—especially when it comes to writing and presenting technical information in a clear and concise manner. You are willing and able to dive into the details without losing the big picture. You are organized, and you effectively manage cross-functional projects to critical deadlines. You care about the business and simply want to add value and have fun in a dynamic environment while surrounded by awesome people.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP, while maintaining meticulous support to ensure completeness and accuracy (including GAAP checklists).
- Support the quarterly earnings process by preparing earnings releases and other materials in partnership with investor relations, FP&A, Legal, Treasury and others.
- Prepare materials for the quarterly Audit Committee meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Monitor activity of the FASB, SEC and other authoritative bodies to identify the potential impact of new pronouncements.
- Lead the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Support the annual external audit and quarterly reviews.
- Assist the Company in maintaining IPO readiness.
- Evaluate complex transactions and other accounting issues, and write technical accounting position papers.
- Update and maintain documentation regarding the Company’s accounting policies.
- Be a leader, coach and mentor to two direct reports to help them develop and succeed.
- 6+ years of experience directly related to financial reporting and technical accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification
- Mix of Big 4 public accounting and industry experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP, a strong understanding of SEC reporting requirements, and capability of researching and applying both in a practical manner
- Knowledge of XBRL (extensible Business Reporting Language) tagging
- Strong MS Office skills
- WDesk, Oracle, and IBM Planning Analytics experience a plus
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.