- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry seeks a Software Engineer to join our AncestryArchives team in Lehi, Utah. The AncestryArchives team works on a variety of projects – from the AncestryLibrary and AncestryInstitution sites to a free community genealogy site, RootsWeb. We are looking for someone to participate in the design, architecture, and development of advanced software solutions and provide high levels of system support. The person will adhere to the organization’s software solutions while following industry best practices surrounding AGILE methodologies. The ideal candidate will be able to support existing mature systems like AncestryLibrary and RootsWeb, and help build new Content Amplification platforms that reach across multiple properties.
- Design, develop and deploy solid code
- Learn the current code to help maintain current projects
- Ensure that the code is both testable and tested
- Keep the projects moving utilizing the team’s task board
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Software Development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- MySQL Database
- Front-end – HTML/css/Angular.js
- Experience with AWS technologies – EC2, Lambda, API Gateway
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Linux operating system familiarity
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and have strong interpersonal skills
(Nice to have but not required)
- C#/.NET/Java or similar language
- Graph database (AWS Neptune or similar)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.