Director, Product Management, Community
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
This position is located in our San Francisco, CA office, near the AT&T ballpark and one block from Caltrain.
Ancestry seeks a product thought leader focused on defining and delivering new product features that engage and expand the Ancestry community and its ability to drive personal discoveries for every user. Working collaboratively with business stakeholders across geos, you will grow and lead a team of talented product managers to swiftly identify, define and deliver new products and services to customers across the globe. This position reports to our VP of Product.
This position is based in our San Francisco office.
What you will do
- Define a roadmap to deliver core product experiences that will attract new customer segments and engage all users in rich, content-driven experiences
- Establish a framework to align mobile applications to customers and use cases across the company
- Drive feature development that leverages Ancestry assets and builds a foundation for social sharing and engagement while maintaining customer trust and control
- Explore the extension of core capabilities and value proposition to customers in new markets and geographies
- Accelerate time to value for an ever-broader array of customers
- Work with internal stakeholders to utilize internal assets and maximize leverage for the business overall
- Engage external partners to accelerate development and maximize distribution of mobile experiences
- Develop a PM team that exemplifies agile best practices at scale - using detailed epics and user stories to ship great products - often leading by example
- Build strong working relationships and fundamental alignment with peers in UX, ENG, DNA Science, and Marketing
- Define and communicate clear success criteria for apps and features
- Establish a robust framework for A/B or multivariate testing
- Work with PR, Marketing, and Member Services to manage launch cycles end-to-end
Who you are
- 10+ years of consumer experience with 5+ years in mobile product management for leading consumer brands
- Experience successfully launching new mobile applications in international markets
- Deep understanding of Android and iOS app stores and approval processes
- Familiarity with tool set and techniques for user and app analytics across mobile platforms
- Strong writing skills to clearly articulate a vision / objectives and influence others towards them
- Successful track record building and leading high performing teams
- Fluent in the language and methods of a data-driven culture
- Obsessed with customer understanding and measurable success
- Effective communications skills, presentation techniques, meeting mechanics, and team building skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in STEM or economics; MBA preferred
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.