Manager, Consumer Insights
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry seeks an experienced Manager, Consumer Insights, who is passionate about driving global businesses growth through deep consumer and market understanding and fueling a consumer-driven company culture. The location for this position is flexible: either based in San Francisco, CA (near Oracle Ballpark) or in Lehi, UT (30 minutes south of Salt Lake City).
What you will do:
- Develop and synthesize insights from existing and new research to help inform opportunities to improve the product experience for our customers.
- Proactively provide a comprehensive view of the customer, market, and Ancestry brand.
- Manage all aspects of primary research, including partnering with key stakeholders to frame problems, designing research methodologies, implementing high-quality data collection, and analyzing results.
- Translate research findings into clear and actionable insights through thoughtful data collection, in-depth analysis, sharp observations, smart story-telling, and compelling presentations.
- Present and evangelize results and recommendations to teams and executive staff.
Who you are:
- Expertise (Technical Research Skills): 3-5 years of consumer-focused market research experience. Must have experience on the client side (preferably with experience in packaged goods, online services, e-commerce, gaming, and/or mobile applications).
- Mastery of core set of both qual/quant research methodologies and data analysis techniques.
- Ability to combine synthesized data & learnings from all prior research to bring consumer insights to life.
- Proficiency of survey theory with hands-on experience using well-known survey and analysis tools such as Qualtrics, MarketSight, etc.
- Expertise (Business Acumen): Proven track record of framing ambiguous problems and creatively leveraging research methods to answer difficult questions.
- Independently forms business recommendations on next steps based on research findings.
- Aware of current economic trends and able to build hypotheses on how brand can explore those opportunities.
- Demonstrated team player mentality - ability to work effectively across multiple projects and teams.
- Proactive Independence: Proactive, self-starter attitude; comfortable with ambiguity and balancing multiple priorities/needs.
- Aware of growth strategies and starts to formulate hypotheses on what brand needs to do to further drive growth
- Works with cross functional team to understand key challenges and recommends appropriate research
- Visible Influence: Top-notch writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Builds trust to influence immediate cross-functional team
- Ability to build and communicate own POV in front of business members through clearly articulated rationale
- Education: Bachelors degree in Market research related fields of study; Masters degree is highly desireable.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.