Sr. Analyst, Media Analytics
- San Francisco, CA, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
The Senior Analyst, Media Analytics role with Ancestry will help drive company success by informing the strategy of our largest and most visible marketing channel. This is an amazing opportunity to make an impact on a high growth business using data.
As a member of the Marketing Analytics team your key business partner will be the Brand Media team. Brand Media is tasked with driving awareness and consideration of the Ancestry brand through marketing channels like television, streaming, cinema, OOH, Audio and more. Your role will be responsible for setting an analytics learning agenda for these channels, providing weekly performance analyses, and doing deep dive analysis on strategic initiatives or campaigns. You will also be the key point of contact for the Marketing Sciences team at Ancestry's media agency and will be responsible for managing that relationship.
In addition, you will partner closely with our FP&A and Business Intelligence teams, making sure we are spending our media budget profitably and have the right data assets in place for analyses.
- Manage the relationship with our Brand Media Agency's Marketing Sciences team to ensure smooth data transfer processes and meaningful analysis.
- Prepare, maintain and evolve weekly TV performance reporting and provide insightful commentary.
- Report and analyze in-show TV sponsorship performance.
- Use insights from Media Mix Models to inform media investment and flighting strategies.
- Lead the design and execution, and bring statistical rigor to the formulation and analysis of TV(and other channels) marketing tests and clearly communicate test results and recommendations to business stakeholders.
- Use excellent technical skills to access information from various structured and unstructured data sources.
- Independently own specific projects with the Brand Media marketing team, setting timelines and expectations.
- Keep a constant proactive eye out for potential improvements in our media strategy, analytics processes, data quality and data sources/tools (including making recommendations on third party measurement tools).
- 4+ years analytics experience, preferably in the media industry.
- Advanced expertise with data analysis tools like SQL, Tableau, Adobe Analytics and Excel.
- Experience measuring hard to track, upper funnel marketing like TV, OOH and Digital Video (TV knowledge highly preferred).
- Knowledge of marketing measurement vendor landscape.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present complex data stories in a clear, concise manner to executive level stakeholders.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity and a bias for action.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.