Sr. UX Design - 18-882
- San Francisco, CA, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is seeking an innovative, strategic, customer obsessed, and experienced design lead to join our San Francisco team and deliver remarkable experiences. The ideal candidate has an awe-inspiring portfolio, demonstrated leadership ability, and the hands-on skills necessary to bring complex experiences to life. The ideal candidate for this position is comfortable working in the abstract and also creating tangible deliverables that break down complex scenarios. You will be asked to flex your strategic muscles and visioning capabilities, as well as deliver designs on a regular cadence in a fast-paced agile environment. You’ll work closely with customers, product managers, and software engineers to define, design, prototype, and update new and existing products, focused on our mobile applications.
- You will thrive in ambiguity
- Lead design efforts on projects that are critical to success
- Passionately advocate for high-quality design, execution, and implementation of native product experiences
- Sweat the details because you know that design matters
- Thrive on translating complex scientific concepts and business requirements into high-quality, meaningful, and engaging product experiences
- Support systems and processes that promote user-centered design practices across the organization
- Partner with product managers on developing product strategy and definition
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and cohesion
- Design flows and interfaces that connect emotionally with our customers
- Solve some of the most vexing challenges of your career
- Create high-quality work that inspires others
You are obsessed and hyper-focused on the customer and solving real world challenges
You clearly demonstrate the value of design in a business context to peers, managers, and executives
You have experience with iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Material design standards
You have the flexibility to continually revise and revisit designs and experiences
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.