Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET/Automation)
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
For more info on who we are, please visit: https://www.ancestry.com/corporate/
Ancestry’s DNA Health and Wellness team is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test to help us grow in exciting new initiatives we have for our customers. You’ll be joining a scrum team of 6 other engineers. We get to innovate and create, while also maintaining robust enterprise systems for our DNA supply chain needs. If quality software is your expertise, apply to learn more about what this opportunity could mean for your career!
The Ancestry DNA Health and Wellness Team
- You will work within a dedicated group of friendly, collaborative, and passionate teammates
- We cultivate a lively team spirit & an easygoing office vibe, and as a small team, we’re able to maintain that cozy family feel
- At the same time, we always encourage each other to challenge convention and to continue finding better ways to delight our customers
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join the DNA Health and Wellness Team at our HQ in Lehi, Utah. This team supports our operations team, shipping & DNA banking facilities, labs, and other mission-critical DNA kit fulfillment needs. SDET’s are an important part of the development team and are responsible for the full spectrum of test planning, design, automation, and regression.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with development teams and evaluate the product design, architecture, and requirements
- Develop test plans to analyze, justify and document the status of each phase of application testing
- Perform analysis, design, and development of test automation tools, and frameworks
- Design unit tests, integration tests for external services, load/performance tests, and continuous/deployment integration
- Participate in defining automation test objectives, strategies, standards and best practices
- Research new technology and development tools to remain abreast of current technology
- Guide testability, automation feasibility and traceability requirements in product design
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field required
- Minimum 2 years of backend software development in test and test automation experience (Java & REST preferred)
- Experience in test automation and software testing lifecycles (Maven, Jenkins or Gradle)
- Working knowledge of Agile project planning and execution
- Solid understanding of Java and object oriented design
- Proficient in Shell scripts implementation tools or program for testing
- Understanding of unit test frameworks (JUnit, TestNG) and Java mocking frameworks (Mockito, JMock)
- Intermediate skills in SQL Database is required
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.