Senior Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We’re looking for a Senior Program Manager that is a highly autonomous rock star. This role is critical to the Ancestry Product Development organization, working closely with world-class product managers, engineers, designers, marketers, and others to ensure the timely delivery of a series of innovative, cross-functional family history features. The Senior Program Manager will focus on developing processes that help the team improve coordination, predictability, transparency and identify and overcome delivery roadblocks in a complex, cross-functional environment. The successful candidate will not only be responsible for managing multiple product development projects across the Cloud but will also drive execution of the product team and broader cross organizational change initiatives. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in a program and product management capacity in a multi-disciplinary environment. Having familiarity with family history and agile methodologies will be an advantage. This position will be based in our San Francisco, CA office.
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Program Manager is to ensure timely delivery of products and features by developing and guiding teams through processes that will help them improve coordination, predictability, transparency and identify and overcome product delivery roadblocks. Strong communication skills are essential to coordinating several multi-disciplinary teams toward unified product and feature releases.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure timely delivery of products and features by developing processes that improve predictability and transparency, identify dependencies, and ensure that teams are working together efficiently to overcome roadblocks
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including UX Design, Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, PR, Finance, Legal and Customer Support through the product development and platform transition process
- Lead the process to help key stakeholders understand dependencies and trade-offs throughout the product development process
- Ensure informed decisions and governance by bringing together stakeholders and providing a unified view of project status and risk factors
- Assist in aligning the right resources to the right projects at the right time, ensuring individual resources are deployed optimally and requirements are clearly understood
- Coordinate product launch plans with product management, product marketing and engineering
- Establish and extend best practice enterprise-wide by continuously iterating on program management processes and capturing best practices
Who You Are:
- B.S. or B.A. degree required - MBA preferred
- Strong understanding of search and cloud technologies preferred
- Must have 8+ years program and/or product management experience, leading large cross-functional efforts with a proven track record of shipping awesome products, preferably with a consumer-facing web services brand (formal program management training, PMP/PMI certification a plus)
- Ability to quickly synthesize information, identify what matters, and cut to the chase.
- Strong bias toward action - preference for execution over process but an understanding of when process is helpful.
- Comfort in building key relationships across the company to ensure smooth integration of new processes and programs
- Must be comfortable leading informally across the organization to challenge the status quo and develop better ways to enhance the customer experience
- Passionate, smart, analytical, creative, driven - “Gets it” and is able to deliver results quickly
- Demonstrated success in working with and influencing cross-functional teams and working collaboratively with stakeholders, even in remote offices
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing demands based upon the needs of the business
- Proactively seeks feedback and input; actively listens and communicates well with others
- Strong technical understanding of internet technologies and the operations of a commercial website, with a history of successful partnerships with engineering
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial approach and drive for continuous improvement
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.