Software Engineer in Test - Intern
- Lehi, UT
Ancestry is the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to develop new experiences to help everyone, everywhere discover the story of what led to them. Ancestry offers a suite of family history products and services including AncestryDNA, Archives, ProGenealogists, Newspapers.com and Fold3.
AncestryDNA, is the world's largest consumer genomics database providing consumers insights into their ancestral origins. The service enables customers to not only uncover their ethnic mix and rich family stories, but discover distant relatives with a common ancestral match, and help solve the toughest family mysteries.
Ancestry by the numbers:
- Since 1996, more than 18 billion records have been added, and users have created more than 80 million family trees on the Ancestry flagship site and its affiliated international websites.
- More than 2 million people genotyped in the AncestryDNA database.
- Ancestry revenues have increased from $225M in 2009 to $680M in 2015.
The company has more than 1,400 employees in locations across the globe. Headquartered in Utah, Ancestry has offices in San Francisco, Dublin, London, Sydney, Munich, and Stockholm.
Intern Software Developer in Test (SDT) are an important part of Ancestry’s agile development culture and will work with senior SDTs, as well development teams. Implementing robust automation and tools to enable a quality software development. This position is a part of the automation team in the Commerce group. The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning continuous delivery and a willingness to work in an agile context. At the core a quality oriented computer professional who is interested in the full software development life cycle. Exceptional work ethic, flexible, self-motivated, respectable, and determined with a strong sense of self-direction.
- Depends on qualifications a max of 20. Flexible hours to work around school schedule - part-time work while attending school.
- Onsite cafeteria with employee discount.
- Free snacks: soda, fruit, cereal, hot drinks, frozen yogurt
- Team activities and lunches offsite.
- Leadership mentor and coaching.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Work as part of a team that implements automation infrastructure, frameworks, and tools that can be used effectively by development teams.
- Help implement test environments and continuous delivery pipelines for use by development teams.
- Help with automated testing efforts on select projects.
- Enrolled in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical degree.
- Working knowledge of a programming language.
- Self-starter with ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Motivation and passion to learn:
- Understanding of software development and software testing lifecycles.
- Awareness of Agile testing practices, particularly ATDD, BDD, and TDD and working in an Agile/Scrum context.
- Familiar with Linux/Unix systems
- Agile practitioner
- Knowledge of one or more automation frameworks.
Working for Ancestry
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.