Northridge Program Leader -- Middle School After School Program
- Los Angeles, CA
arc provides leadership development, experiential education opportunities, adventure activities and professional development to camps, after school programs, groups and teams of all kinds through innovative curriculum and one-of-a-kind programming. As an after school and experiential education provider, we customize each program to meet the specific needs of the individual school or group and its community.
arc, formerly CHAMPIONS is currently staffing Program Leaders for our Middle School After School Programs in Los Angeles. Program Leaders are responsible for but is not limited to:
- Interact with our students daily, take attendance and manage sign-outs everyday
- Develop lesson plans for enrichment activities they will lead
- Provide academic support by working with groups of students through homework help or supplemental learning activities
- Demonstrate leadership and a commitment to educating and empowering youth to reach thier fullest potencial
- Have the ability to work with a group of 20 or more students
- Have baisic knowledge of age appropriate classroom and behavior management skills
- Be responsible, energetic, and creative individuals
- Experience working with Middle School students
- Knowledge / experience working in after school programs or youth recreational facilities
- Desire to work outdoors
- Experience in working with ethnic and culturally diverse communities
- Ability to work collaboratively with groups of people
- Strong communication skills—you will be communicating with students, teachers, administration and parents
- Energetic, motivated, outgoing personalities strongly desired
- Experience/ knowledge of marketing events to students with creativity and clarity
- Must know the basics of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
- 60+ College Units completed or in progress
- TB Test Clearance & LiveScan Clearance (Background check)
- Bilingual preferred
Locations: Northridge, Five minutes from Cal State Northridge (CSUN)!!
Hours: Monday -- Friday, 12-15 hours per week. Attendance at trainings and meetings is mandatory and scheduled. Some trainings are on the weekend. School holidays and breaks off from work.
Compensation: $9.00 - $12.00 per hr, based on experience
Positions: We are hiring multiple positions! If you have applied before, apply again!
To Apply: Click on APPLY, fill out out online application and upload your Cover Letter and Resume. Applications that have not been fully filled out will not be considered.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Thank you for applying with arc!