Assistant Site Coordinator - High School After School Program
- Los Angeles, CA
arc provides leadership development, experiential education opportunities, adventure activities and professional development to camps, after school programs, groups and teams of all kinds through innovative curriculum and one-of-a-kind programming. As an after school and experiential education provider, we customize each program to meet the specific needs of the individual school or group and its community.
arc is currently staffing Assistant Site Coordinators for our High School After School Programs in Los Angeles. Assistant Site Coordinator support the High School Site Coordinator in providing diverse high quality after school programs for high school students. The right candidate will have passion for working with youth, is able to handle multiple tasks, and has great communication and time management skills. Organization to handle large volumes of attendance tracking and students is needed. A skill to develop student recruitment events and promote the arc after school program to students is necessary. This position entails actively supporting the Coordinator of the site in all aspects of programming.
- Represent arc on campus and actively support campus activities
- Spearhead new programs for high school students
- Recruit students to attend after school program
- Attend weekly department meetings and professional development trainings at corporate office
- Create a newsletter and calendar detailing events of the past month and distribute to campus and students
- Keep a clean line of communication with school administration and other stakeholders within the after school program and provide meeting notes to all relevant parties
- Must be knowledgeable of MS Suite including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher
- Provide Weekly Status updates every Friday by 10am
- Assist in coordinating events, activities and meetings for school administration, parents and community organizations to increase support of categorical programs
- Ensure accuracy of all paperwork in regards to any and all Field Trips
- Supervise Snack process
- Monitoring Drop in Center and surrounding area making sure all parts of the center process are covered
- Submit Weekly Average Attendance reports to Director of High School Programs
- Perform additional related duties as required
- Experience working with High School students
- Knowledge / experience working in after school programs or youth recreational facilities
- Desire to work outdoors
- Experience in working with ethnic and culturally diverse communities
- Ability to work collaboratively and assist in managing 3rd party vendors
- Strong communication skills—you will be communicating with students, teachers, administration and parents
- Energetic, motivated, outgoing personalities strongly desired
- Experience/ knowledge of marketing events to students with creativity and clarity
- Must know the basics of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
- 60+ College Units completed or in progress
- TB Test Clearance & LiveScan Clearance (Background check)
- Bilingual preferred
Locations: Los Angeles Area
Hours: Flexible, but generally 1:30 PM- 6:00 PM, Monday -- Friday, 20-25 hours per week, with occasional weekend work. Attendance at trainings and meetings is mandatory and scheduled. School holidays and breaks off from work.
Compensation: $12.00 - $14.00 per hr, based on experience
Positions: We have hiring multiple positions! If you have applied before, apply again!
To Apply: Click on APPLY, fill out out online application and upload your Cover Letter and Resume.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines