Assistant Site Coordinator - Elementary School After School Program
- Oceanside, CA
arc provides leadership development, experiential education opportunities, adventure activities and professional development to camps, after school programs, groups and teams of all kinds through innovative curriculum and one-of-a-kind programming. As an after school and experiential education provider, we customize each program to meet the specific needs of the individual school or group and its community.
arc is currently staffing one Assistant Site Coordinator for our Elementary School After School Program in Oceanside. The Assistant Site Coordinator is responsible for but is not limited to:
- Interact with students daily, assist with taking attendance and managing sign-outs everyday; help to manage a high volume of parent interaction.
- Assist with reviewing lesson plans for enrichment activities led by staff as well as spearhead new programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with school and district administrators on site.
- Serve as liaison for parents, teachers, administration, students and staff.
- Assist Site Coordinator with managing supplies, age appropriate curriculum, development and review
- Work with Site Coordinator to complete necessary paperwork, create student rosters, recruit for new student enrollment, process timesheets, evaluate staff members.
- Work with Site Coordinator to create marketing materials – monthly calendars, newsletters, parent board, info corners to be shared with students, school staff and office staff.
- Work with Site Coordinator to create, develop and complete multifaceted projects (including understanding and developing a Guide to Best Practices).
- Communicate with parents daily regarding student progress.
- Assist in managing staff schedules; hours, site budget, staff performance
- Manage administrative tasks, which could include billing, attendance and budget management.
- Additional duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited reputable 4 year university, preferred
- BA in education or related field required, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills expected with capacity to interact with outside vendors and other members of the community.
- Close attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with big picture thinking.
- At least 1-2 years in leadership or staff development; leadership experience in education desirable.
- Work with groups of 20 or more students.
- Have extensive knowledge of age appropriate classroom and behavior management skills and age appropriate activity and curriculum planning.
- Previous experience managing staff, preferred
- Experience working with Elementary School aged children, required
- Willingness to work occasional early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
- Maintain highest degree of confidentiality in student, staff and management matters.
- Ability to speak and write standard English appropriate in a public school setting
- Public speaking skills
- Demonstrate leadership and a commitment to educating and empowering youth to reach their fullest potential.
- Willing to travel to offsite locations for staff development trainings and other related events.
- Must pass Live Scan (fingerprinting), background check and tuberculosis test.
ABILITY TO REASON:
Possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Locations: Oceanside, CA; Zip Code 92058
Hours: Monday -- Friday, 13-16 hours per week. Attendance at trainings and meetings is mandatory and scheduled. Some trainings are on the weekend. School holidays and breaks off from work.
Compensation: $11.00 - $14.00 per hr, based on experience
Positions: We are hiring multiple positions! If you have applied before, apply again!
To Apply: Click on APPLY, fill out out online application and upload your Cover Letter and Resume. Applications that have not been fully filled out will not be considered. Please be sure to answer the questions on the online application. Failure to follow these directions, may result in disqualification for the job.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Thank you for applying with arc!