Program Leader - Elementary School Programs
- Los Angeles, CA
arc is an organization developing through our exemplary reputation, the difference we make in the lives of the youth we serve, and demand for our services. We bridge the opportunity gap by creating transformational learning opportunities that empower youth to realize their full potential. We are an after school and experiential education provider experiencing restructuring and growth in the Los Angeles area. To successfully achieve this, we are seeking a Program Leaders to join our Elementary School and Middle School (ESMS) team.
Program Leader – Elementary School Programs
A qualified applicant will naturally possess a positive, professional disposition to help our ESMS sites within Los Angeles run effectively, and will be solutions-oriented and willing to pitch in where necessary to keep our elementary school site on track to achieve organizational goals.
- Interact with our students daily, take attendance and manage sign-outs everyday
- Develop lesson plans for enrichment activities they will lead
- Provide academic support by working with students through homework help or supplemental learning activities
- Demonstrate leadership and a commitment to educating and empowering youth to reach their full potential
- Have the ability to work with a group of 20 or more students
- Have basic knowledge of age appropriate classroom and behavior management skills
- Be responsible, energetic, and creative individuals
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid after school programming skills garnered from 1+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to oversee and support elementary school students and provide constant line-of-sight supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated professional attitude, approach, and commitment to integrity
- Proven ability to solve problems, make decisions, and resolve conflicts
- Commitment to working toward the common goal of helping to provide experiential education to underserved young people at our various programs
- Availability to work set school programming hours
- Experience working with elementary school students
- Experience working in after school programs or youth recreational facilities
- Experience in working with ethnic and culturally diverse communities
- Desire to work outdoors with students
- Energetic, motivated, outgoing personalities strongly desired
- Experience of marketing events to students with creativity and clarity
- 60+ College Units completed or in progress
- TB Test Clearance & LiveScan Clearance (Background check)
- Bilingual preferred
The people selected for these positions will report directly to the Site Coordinator at the elementary school sites of the where arc is present. The Program Leader is part-time, non-exempt position.
arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Click on APPLY! Interested applicants should submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and Salary History. Complete applications will be considered with greater priority than those submitted without all components.