High School Assistant Site Coordinator (multiple positions open)
- San Diego, CA
arc is an organization developing through our exemplary reputation, the difference we make in the lives of the youth we serve, and demand for our services. We bridge the opportunity gap by creating transformational learning opportunities that empower youth to realize their full potential. We are an after school and experiential education provider experiencing growth in the San Diego area. To successfully achieve this, we are seeking an Assistant Site Coordinator to join our High School Programming team.
High School Assistant Site Coordinator
- Interact with students daily, assist with taking attendance and managing sign-outs everyday
- Work with groups of 20 or more students.
- Assist with reviewing lesson plans for enrichment activities led by staff as well as spearhead new programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with school and district administrators on site.
- Serve as liaison for parents, teachers, administration, students and staff.
- Assist Site Coordinator with managing supplies, age appropriate curriculum, development and review
- Work with Site Coordinator to complete necessary paperwork, create student rosters, recruit for new student enrollment, process timesheets, and evaluate staff members.
- Work with Site Coordinator to create marketing materials – monthly calendars, newsletters, parent board, info corners to be shared with students, school staff and office staff.
- Work with Site Coordinator to create, develop and complete multifaceted programs
- Assist in managing staff schedules; hours, site budget, staff performance
- Manage administrative tasks, which could include billing, attendance and budget management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid after school programming skills garnered from 2+ years of relevant experience
- Staff development skills acquired from at least 1-2 years in a leadership role
- Ability to oversee and support high school students
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated professional attitude, approach, and commitment to integrity
- Proven ability to solve problems, make decisions, and resolve conflicts
- Proven confidentiality and professional discretion
- Successful adeptness to multitasking and prioritizing tasks and projects
- Flexibility and ability to embrace change
- Commitment to working toward the common goal of helping to provide experiential education to underserved young people at our various programs
- 2+ years of relevant experience working with youth
- Availability to work set school programming hours
- Experience working with high school students
- Experience working in after school programs or youth recreational facilities
- Established computer and tech savvy, and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and multiple operating systems
- Experience in working with ethnic and culturally diverse communities
- Desire to work outdoors with students
- Energetic, motivated, outgoing personalities strongly desired
- Experience of marketing events to students with creativity and clarity
- 60+ College Units completed or in progress
- TB Test Clearance & LiveScan Clearance (Background check)
- Bilingual preferred
- This position is based out of San Diego and is part-time, non-exempt position.
arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Click on APPLY! Interested applicants should submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and Salary History. Complete applications will be considered with greater priority than those submitted without all components.