- Austin, TX
Asure Software, Inc. (Nasdaq:ASUR), headquartered in Austin, Texas, offers intuitive and innovative technologies that enable companies of all sizes and complexities to operate more efficiently. The company ensures a high-performing work environment by integrating its "keep it simple" solutions and expertise to more than 3,500 clients worldwide. Asure Software's suite of solutions range from time and attendance workforce management solutions to asset optimization and meeting room management. For more information, please visit http://www.asuresoftware.com.
Asure Software is looking for an ideal candidate to fill our Corporate Controller position based out of Austin, TX reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. This position will lead and direct all corporate accounting functions, including general accounting, SEC reporting, external audit, inventory accounting, property and fixed assets, sales audit, domestic and foreign accounts receivable and payable and payroll.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to be a big picture, strategic thinker with willingness to roll-up their sleeves and execute. They will operate with a sense of urgency and will have proven ability to work across diverse lines of an expanding organization. It is essential that the successful candidate has strong communication and leadership skills, strong management experience, hands-on accounting experience and a desire for problem solving in a non-routine, fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will demand the highest standards of self to execute and ensure growth, pursue goals and deliver results in a timely manner. They must work proactively and as a true business partner to the CFO. The candidate must understand the complexity of the business on a global scale, interact effectively across teams and demonstrate astute decision making skills under these conditions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting department
- Manage overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting department
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Develop, improve and issue timely and accurate monthly financial records/statements
- Responsible for the filing and coordination of quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and
- Report to Board of Directors when necessary in writing and verbally
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit and interface with outside audit firms
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company polices and applicable laws.
- Other duties as necessary
To meet the priorities of the position, candidates must possess the following core competencies and experience to be considered :
The Corporate Controller must be able to meet and exceed goals working with and through others. The candidate will possess a proactive spirit and strong performance-management orientation.
The Corporate Controller must be a strong leader who can manage change, drive efficiencies and institute common best practices . He/She must have prior success in developing and managing high performance teams.
He/She will be able to work very effectively and collaborate well with executives within Asure Software as well as other internal and external constituents. He/She must be an excellent communicator who is able to gain the respect of the entire organization.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required; master's degree desirable
- CPA license required
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience with a blend of public accounting, Big 5 accounting, and public company experience a plus
- 10+ years supervisory/management experience
- Technical knowledge of GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, and SOX 404 compliance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- M&A and Purchase price accounting experience preferred
- Strong change management skills. Proven track record of driving organizational change and improving functions
- Ability to respond to, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards of completeness and accuracy
- Ability to understand new systems technology so as to be able to lead the automation of accounting functions as the company grows
- Strong planning, research, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Strong PC skills including excel, word and power point
- Strong sense of business ethics, integrity and discretion
- Effective and decisive under pressure
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
· Local candidates only, no relocation.
· No third party applications.