- Santa Barbara, CA, USA, Santa Barbara, CA
barkback is a fast growing start-up focused on helping small businesses and their customers. barkback extends the customer experience beyond the storefront. From private feedback to exclusive promotions, we deepen the relationship between a business and its customers, allowing customers to freely express themselves while providing the business with new insights. Together we foster a new level of connection which improves both the business and the customer experience.
barkback is seeking a software intern to join our awesome team for the summer and possibly beyond. Amazing opportunity to be a part of a mobile-consumer venture that is changing the way customers interact with businesses. Looking for a killer programmer and/or web developer to help us solve exciting problems. As a software intern, you will work in areas such as developing tools for the barkback teams to get even more done, developing new functionality for the barkback website and apps, and enhancing barkback's backend systems and databases. You'll get to work closely with our web developers and product teams to bring new product features to life as well as make the existing product even more amazing.
Being extremely intelligent doesn't hurt.
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS, or Ph.D in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Experience developing web-based applications.
- Proficiency in a modern programming language.
- Experience working with a MVC framework, and more specifically Ruby on Rails, is a plus.
- Experience using AJAX/JSON and creating robust APIs is heavily encouraged, but not required.
- You must be able to work from our amazing office located in downtown Santa Barbara.
Check out our IOS and Android apps.