Account Director - Public Relations
- New York, NY
BBH is a global creative business founded in London in 1982 by three guys who had a vision for a different kind of advertising agency – one that would merge the highest standards of creativity and strategic thinking to help build brands that truly stand out. Those guys, and the agency named for them, would quickly achieve legendary status as one of the most revered agencies in the world. Today, BBH exists in eight cities including London, NY, Shanghai, and L.A. In recognition of the iconic work we have done for brands like Axe, Johnnie Walker, Google and PlayStation, we were named U.S. Mid-Sized Agency of the Year in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and have received countless additional awards including eight Cannes Lions at last year’s International Festival of Creativity, the highest creative accolade in the industry. We provide a range of services for our clients including brand positioning, advertising, PR, digital experiences, events, and e-commerce. We strive for simple, enduring ideas that are rooted in real human truths, and executed with brilliant craft. The culture of BBH is one that celebrates difference, education, inclusivity, innovation, restlessness, and the relentless pursuit of excellence. This spirit is embodied in our enduring mantra: When the world zigs, zag. We also like beer pong and nice people.
We are looking for an exceptional Account Director to join our Public Relations team. We’re pioneering PR at a creative agency, so we are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-starter with a strong agency background. Every day will be different, so flexibility and a “can-do” attitude are integral to success. The ideal candidate should have significant experience in consumer marketing with a focus on executing national programs for leading companies. The candidate is a true team player with ability to move projects effectively, on time, and with excellence.
• Develops results-oriented strategic plans.
• Provides strategic counsel to senior client representatives.
• Continually foster client-agency relationship and serve as a valuable resource to clients
• Become an expert in the clients’ business
• Supervises several account teams in areas including media relations, influencer outreach, word of mouth marketing and social media, to name just a few.
• Coach and manage team members
• Manages large-scale events and launches.
• Manages large budgets.
• Consistently produce high quality content including press releases, editorial content, bios, conference and award submissions
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with members of media
• Run brainstorm and planning sessions
• Work side by side with advertising teams (creative, account management, strategy)
• Develop strong measurement plans
• 6+ years previous experience and a B.A. in Public Relations, Communications or a related discipline;
• In-depth knowledge of related trends and industry sector events as well as a strong network of influencer and media (traditional and digital) contacts;
• Proven experience in managing account teams for numerous client programs with a blend of strong time management, leadership, team building, mentoring and client relation skills;
• Proven experience in the Consumer brands and/or consumer health;
• Proven experience working in tandem with other creative agencies to develop comprehensive campaigns;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as an ability to develop new business presentations are essential; and
• Strong knowledge of the digital and social media space, including tools and analysis
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.