- Bismarck, ND
The YMCA is a dynamic organization committed to youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Missouri Valley Family YMCA has been part of the Bismarck-Mandan community for over 40 years and offers many services including youth and adult sports, land and water fitness classes, swimming lessons, a fitness center, daycare, preschool and prekindergarten education, after school care, and much more.
The Youth Development Center (YDC) at the Y provides a safe, caring environment for children from infant to age 12. The YDC offers children many learning experiences through curriculum-based care, physical fitness in the Y's gymnasiums, swimming lessons, etc.
Do you love children? Do you want to decide when you work? Get on the Y's sub list!
The Y's Youth Development Center often needs substitutes in our classrooms to fill-in for regular employees when they are on vacation or sick. Hours vary between 6:00am and 6:00pm Monday through Friday.
When you are a sub, here are the things you can expect to do:
- Conduct and monitor activity programs designed for young children (infant up to age 5).
- Assist in curriculum development as instructed by full-time teachers.
- Prepare craft materials and assist children with projects.
- Guide children in development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits.
- Prepare and serve snacks.
- Arrange transition periods such as lunch and rest for children.
- Observe children and report on observations to teachers.
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings.
- Ability to care for children in a loving manner, demonstrating the values of the YMCA.
- Ability to handle competing demands and take direction from the Teacher.
- Ability to communicate with parents regarding the child's activities, behavior, etc.
- Ability to work on short notice.
- Previous experience working in an early childhood setting preferred.
We look forward to receiving your application!