Unemployment: [uhn-em-ploi-muhnt; adjective] Unemployment is the state of an individual looking for a paying job but not having one. Unemployment does not include full-time students, the retired, children, or those not actively looking for a paying job.
The unemployed are talented. Unfortunately, as the Zero Unemployment Movement surveyed and reported, discrimination against the unemployed is a reality. The unemployed are an undervalued talent source.
Depart of Labor Secretary Hilda Solis explained her thoughts on unemployment:
“I am very disturbed when I hear that employers don’t want to even look at resumes of people that have been out of work for 6 months or just (are) unemployed. It’s as though people have created this problem themselves, and that’s just not true.”
Unemployment – like labor – is manmade. Simply put: we created unemployment, we can fix unemployment. The unemployed deserve your time. Check out the unemployed.
10 Reasons to Hire the Unemployed by SmartRecruiters CEO Jerome Ternynck
1. The unemployed are hungry.
2. They are willing to work.
3. The unemployed are talent ready to adapt to vision.
4. More willing to give greater commitment.
5. They are not jaded from overworking.
6. Less often, you have to bid against competitors for wages.
7. You get more talent for your buck.
8. Because this world doesn’t need anymore discrimination.
9. To make the economy better.
10. America needs your help.
See opportunity. Give opportunity. Create new business. Like Zero Unemployment.