The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that 195,000 jobs were added to the workforce in June 2013. Jobseekers can increase their chances of getting a job by looking in the industries with the most job growth. These 5 industries have created the most over the past month:
5. The financial services industry added 17,000 jobs last month.
Insurance agencies are looking for remarkable talent while banks and financial istitutions are adding more and more jobs everyday in a variety of positions like relationship management or loan officers.
4. Health care added 20,000 jobs to workforce in June.
This field is not limited to doctors and nurses but also ambulatory care, pharmacists, anyone promoting good health among the people.
3. The retail trade industry added 37,000 jobs last month. The wholesale trade industry continued with upward growth adding over 11,000 jobs, while most other new positions fell in the auto and building-goods sectors.
This is an indication people are shopping and someone needs to be providing the goods. Join the auto industry or look into exciting retail opportunities.
2. Employment in professional and business services rose by 53,000 in June. Over the past year this field has added over 600,000 jobs!
This industry has jobs that range far and wide from management positions, ranging from technical services to computer systems and everything in between.
1. The leisure and hospitality industry added 75,000 jobs in June and monthly job growth in this industry has averaged 55,000 so far in 2013 doubling last year’s growth.
If you’re a people person maybe you have a future in this line of work? Think jobs like front-desk supervisor at great hotel or maybe you’ve always had a passion for food and becoming a chef has always been something on your radar.
The American labor market performed strongly in June 2013. While ADP reports numbers slightly different numbers than the BLS (188,000 jobs added in the month of June and a 39% increase since May) both sources show positive workforce trends. In addition to which industries are creating the most jobs, also check out the cities with the most job growth. Knowing what is in demand is half the battle.
Photo Credits Philadelphia University, Gordon Hospital, Click&Inc, TheVolunteerCenter, & TFHLegal.
SmartRecruiters is the hiring platform with everything you need to source talent, manage candidates and make the right hires.