This has been a great week here at SmartRecruiters. We have released some really important and highly-awaited features this week. Before we tell you the nuts and bolts of how we are making your hiring process simpler, check out the new blog name, “SmartRecruiting.” This is the place to learn how to recruit more efficiently in the modern world. Posts are by active industry leaders. The act of hiring should be social, fast, fair and easy. Everyday we better our software to put the Smart in SmartRecruiters.
- Searching within resumes, comments and reviews: The applicant search (see below) has been enhanced to include attached documents, reviews and comments added to the applicant profile. You can now use keyword search to search through attached applicant resumes and comments you enter. This search supports boolean operators and “”. All new resumes will be indexed and will therefore be searchable immediately. This makes the applicant profile a 100% searchable, making applicant finding applicants easy.
- Grab an XML feed of your open positions: Continuing to build on our core values of free, easy, open and social focusing this week on being open, we are happy to introduce an XML feed that can be used to grab the list of open jobs for your company. You can access this feed this feed and easily display open positions on your career site in any visual format of choice. With this, SmartRecruiters gives you yet another way to advertise your jobs – absolutely free!
- Attaching resumes just got easier: Based on your feedback, the user interface for attaching resumes has been improved. This coupled with the ability to search through these resumes makes hiring easy!
- Browser Compatibility: We aim to make the application compatible with all major browsers. Some features that are now multi-browser compatible: Application process works with IE8 and the applicant snapshots should render correctly in all browsers.
- Industry, Function, Type of Employment and Experience lists have been updated:These lists will now display values per industry-standards so they better map requirements of leading job boards. You should see this change on all the areas of the application that use these lists, primary being the job page and job posting wizard.
This week’s bug fixes
- Improved system stability: user will see faster load times and fewer time-outs.
- Some jobs on your career site were opening is smaller popovers making it difficult for applicants to read and apply to these jobs. This has now been fixed, making the job ads more readable.
Free Software Forever. Signup for SmartRecruiters Free Recruiting Software.