Twitter, in particular, is an important tool in any recruiting or HR engagement strategy online. Unlike Facebook, Twitter is accessible by anyone, making search an essential piece of Twitter for recruiting, employee engagement, or development. Twitter users digest content at ridiculously fast rates.
We’ve savvy on the social medias using hash tags to meet new friends and keywords to search for news, information, and those to network. For a full introduction to social media recruiting, search for candidates on these niche recruiting hashtags and follow these ten social media recruiting experts.
Today my focus is on HR pros who simply get twitter. Twitter is great for engagement, via public tweets at someone or private direct messages. However, Twitter hash tags are also HR professionals’ best friend when it comes to posting jobs or building relationships with new audiences. Here are ten folks who are engaging, open, and provide great insights on how to use Twitter for HR.
10. @HRfishbowl. An HR social media practitioner list is not complete without Charlie Judy. He’s another senior level HR professional who has dipped his toe in the social media waters. He’s a wealth of knowledge and a lot of fun.
9. @chrisponder. He’s a Regional Human Resource Manager who gets the job done, tweets, and still finds time to manage multiple blogs. I’m excited to try to meet up with him when I’m in Dallas in a couple weeks.
8. @robinschooling. Robin is an HR Director who is just as fun as she is in real life as she is online. She has so many valuable insights because of her wealth of experience. Connect with her.
7. @mikehaberman. His tweets appeal to a wide range of HR professionals from both large and small organizations.
6. @lisarosendahl. Lisa is another great HR practitioner who is active both on Twitter and blogging, but has the courtesy to answer questions.
3. @mikevandervort. There is no one on this Earth that is more up to speed on unions, the NLRB, and how their activities impact the workplace especially when social media comes into play.
2. @johnsumser. John Sumser is a contrarian, and I like that about him. He is knee deep in the academic side of HR and his tweets provide valuable information.
Jessica Miller-Merrell, SPHR is a HR consultant, new media strategist, and author who writes at Blogging4Jobs. Jessica is the host of Job Search Secrets, an internet television show for job seekers. She has over 100,000 Twitter Followers.