There are 3.9 million jobs in the U.S. affiliated with cloud computing today with 384,478 in IT alone. The median salary for IT professionals with cloud computing experience is $90,950 and the median salary for positions that pay over $100,000 a year is $116,950.
Globally there are 18,239,258 cloud computing jobs, with the majority being in China (40.8%).
These and other key insights are from WANTED Analytics, the leading provider of data analytics on the workplace. The company currently maintains a database of more than one billion unique job listings and is collecting hiring trend data from more than 150 countries. WANTED Analytics has never been a client, they provided complimentary access based on my requesting a trial account. Forbes readers have been requesting job-related data and hiring analysis for cloud computing, which is what led me to contact them and complete this analysis.
Key Take-aways include the following:
- The Hiring Scale is 79 for IT jobs that require cloud computing skills with 9 candidates per job opening as of December 12, 2014. The higher the Hiring Scale score, the more difficult it is for employers to find the right applicants for open positions. Nationally an average job posting for an IT professional with cloud computing expertise is open just 44 days.
- The median salary for open IT positions requiring cloud computing expertise is $90,950, with the median salary for those positions that pay over $100,000 a year being $116,950. The following graphic illustrates the distribution of salaries above $100,000 a year for IT professionals with cloud computing expertise.
- Mapping the distribution of job volume, salary range, candidate supply, posting period and hiring scale by Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) or states and counties is supported by WANTED Analytics. The following graphic shows the distribution of job volume by MSA followed by an analysis of the top twenty markets for IT professionals with cloud computing expertise.
- IBM (NYSE:IBM), Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) and Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) have the greatest number of open positions today. The following graphic shows the top fifteen cloud computing employers and the positions they have open today.
- Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information, ProjectManagement Professional (PMP), Certified Information Systems Security professional, and Cisco Certified Network Associate are among the most in-demand cloud computing certifications today. The following graphic shows the most in-demand cloud computing certifications based on WANTED Analytics queries as of December, 2014.
- WANTED Analytics finds there are 18,239,258 cloud computing jobs globally today with 40.8% in China, 21.7% in the US and 12.2% in India. There are 1,533,742 jobs open globally today just in IT alone based on the analysis completed. The following graphic shows all cloud computing positions across all industries and salary ranges as of December, 2014.
This article was written by Louis Columbus from Forbes and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network. SmartRecruiters is the recruiting platform to find and hire great people.