SmartRecruiters launched the Zero Unemployment Movement on Friday April 1 to ignite the discussion on how to eradicate unemployment in our world. It is a grassroots movement to gather ideas for addressing the inefficiencies of the labor markets.
Jerome Ternynck announced the Movement at “Investing in Startup Talent: Where are the opportunities?” on March 30. What followed were inspired blog posts by Margo Rose, Trish McFalane, Rayanne Thorn, and Jessica Miller-Merrell, as well as, discussions in The Animal Show, HR Happy Hour, TChat, JobHuntChat, and Drive Through HR.
Here is a recap of the top tweets in the discussion of #ZeroUE:
- EdwardAvila Zero Unemployment movement: What can WE ALL do to help make this a reality? 1) Share job opportunities to my network, others??? #ZeroUE
- SmartRecruiters “To change an industry one tweet at a time” by @blogging4jobs from “5 Reasons Why #Recruiting Sucks” http://ow.ly/4rbww #zeroUE
- MeghanMBiro *Very nice* Just reading your latest updates now @blogging4jobs I like the #zeroue movement! #TChat #jobhuntchat
- JohnSumser “Study: States Could Create Nearly 750,000 Jobs By Streamlining Employment Regulations” #zeroue http://bit.ly/hnRQSr
- hopelee66 wow just got an updated from cnn about the jobs numbers and unemployment down to 8.8, but I heard that from @blogging4jobs hours ago!#zeroue
- jerometernynck The goal of the Zero Unemployment Movement is to bring the economy to its full potential by removing friction in the labor market #ZeroUE
- mainwilk Have you heard about the #ZeroUE movement? Creating a world where folks can live up to potential & find meaningful work. http://ow.ly/4rnch
- radicalrecruit: Join the Battle for Zero UnEmployment in Canada today… http://lnkd.in/ZV8tVx #zeroue
- jerometernynck How can we make the labor market more effective? Andy Mowat, VP @elance has an answer on video http://bit.ly/hxft0E #zeroUE
- Ray_anne Unfortunately, Unemployment isn’t a 1-day joke – or a grasp at 15min of fame (like a non-actor) http://on.fb.me/eQAYwv #Reality #ZeroUE
- traackr Surprise surprise @jerometernynck from @smartrecruiters #1 of Top 25 Zero Unemployment Influencers – Congrats! http://sn.im/27q7ps #zeroUe
- Ray_anne Recruiters do not find jobs for people, they find people for jobs. BIG difference Mr. Job Seeker. Be honest about it Mr. Recruiter. #ZeroUE
- blogging4jobs There are more than 4.2 million current job postings. How are we filling these positions? #zeroue
- ericbrooke We should have zero unemployment #ZeroUE youtube.com/watch?v=nl616m… via @youtube
- blogging4jobs Unemployment Rates Across the World . . . http://ow.ly/4rOTV #zeroue
Everyone who wants to work has the right to work, everyone has talent with monetary value, and its clear that the nature of hiring must change for the economy to reach its potential. I don’t have an answer for achieving full employment, but I remember the words of Nobel Prize winner James Tobin, “Involuntary unemployment is a disequilibrium phenomenon” (‘Inflation and Unemployment, March 1, 1972). Equilibrium isn’t unattainable, join the Movement.