Senior Java Data Architect
- Dayton, OH
Since 1998 our client has been a trusted aggregator of global news and, subsequently, social media. The firm offers corporate customers worldwide direct access to comprehensive, yet targeted, real-time business and consumer information from the Web’s most read and respected sources.
We are searching for a Senior Data Architect with proficiency in Java to be a part of the team in Dayton, Ohio. Their mission is to help companies and individuals make smarter, more informed business decisions, by organizing the most relevant media coverage and social commentary from across the web.
As a Senior Java Data Architect you will design, develop and maintain applications. We seek someone with a desire to work on high visibility projects and has experience designing back-end Java based-architectures that support millions of daily transactions.
The salaries are competitive and we offer an exciting environment where you will collaborate globally with top notch developers, engineers and business minds to revolutionize our industry. If this sounds like you and the opportunity to work with a growing, innovative company sounds interesting please apply today.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, developing, and deploying Java based news and social media applications.
- Providing architectural input to project-related decisions.
- Function as a team lead, working closely with the engineering lead to coordinator activities for a small team of developers.
- Define systems that include both hardware and software components.
- Work independently with minimum supervision and a geographically dispersed team.
- Use industry best practices to deliver high quality code.
- 5 years of professional software development with 5 years of Java coding experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Java, Maven or Ant JUnit, IntelliJ, or Eclipse JIRA/Redmine/SVN (or equivalent) MySql (or equivalent) Hibernate Spring
- Experience with agile testing methodologies including test-driven development
- Experience working within Scrum and Agile
Nice to have for this position:
- JBoss or Jetty, Linux shell scripting, JMS
- Deep experience with MySql (or equivalent) with performance tuning experience
- Experience with scaling infrastructure to support large-scale systems, including applications, databases, message queues, and caching strategies.
- Experience building a platform for aggregating and analyzing data from millions of transactions a day.
- Apache Solr/Lucene
- Large volume XML, JSON and HTML parsers and generators
- Perl, GIT, RSS/ATOM, ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ
- Experience building web crawlers
- Big Data: Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra
Ms. Sherry Junker