Senior Java Web Developer
- Dayton, OH
Since 1998 our client has been a trusted aggregator of global news and, subsequently, social media. The firm offers corporate customers worldwide direct access to comprehensive, yet targeted, real-time business and consumer information from the Web’s most read and respected sources.
We are searching for a Senior Java Developer with strong experience creating web applications. Their mission to help companies and individuals make smarter, more informed business decisions, by organizing the most relevant media coverage and social commentary from across the web. If this sounds of interest and you have a passion to work in an exciting agile based environment, please read on…
As a Senior Web Developer you will design, develop and maintain applications. We need someone with a desire to work high visibility projects and experience designing and building UIs.
The salaries are competitive, and we offer an exciting environment where you will collaborate globally with top notch developers, engineers and business minds to revolutionize our industry. If this sounds like you and the opportunity to work with a growing, innovative company sounds interesting, please apply today!
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, developing, and deploying Java based news and social media applications.
- Providing architectural input to project-related decisions.
- Function as a team lead, working closely with the engineering lead to coordinator activities for a small team of developers.
- Define systems that include both hardware and software components.
- Work independently with minimum supervision and a geographically dispersed team.
- Use industry best practices to deliver high quality code.
What you need for this position:
- 5 years of professional software development with 5 years of Java coding experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Java, Maven or Ant JUnit, IntelliJ, or Eclipse JIRA/Redmine/SVN (or equivalent) MySql (or equivalent) Hibernate Spring
- Experience with agile testing methodologies including test-driven development
- Experience working within Scrum and Agile
Nice to have for this position:
- Experience with large scale web applications, partitioning of services, etc.
- Google Web Toolkit (GWT), HTML5, Selenium, Concordian, Node.js, Highcharts, REST-based services.
- Mobile application experience
Ms. Sherry Junker