Software Developer, Carmel, INCarmel, IN I’m Interested
NextGear Capital is the world’s most comprehensive and innovative provider of lending products for the automotive remarketing industry
NextGear is growing and is looking to hire 7 Software Developers to join our team.
The Software Developer is responsible for
developing custom software solutions to support NextGear's business
initiatives, while following the NextGear SDLC process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Candidate will develop custom software to support NextGear's business initiatives as part of an Agile software development team.
- Work with the rest of the NextGear family to develop software that helps the organization to perform more efficiently and profitably
- Participate in cross-team Communities of Practice (CoPs) to leverage shared knowledge and interest across project teams
- Work closely with Product, UX, and Design teams, as well as other software engineers.
- Develop features via Behavior Driven Development in Ruby on Rails with Cucumber and/or other BDD tools
- Write unit tests in RSpec and/or other testing libraries
- Participate in pair programming with other developers, sharing technical and business domain knowledge and reducing software defects
- Aggressively refactor source code in order to keep technical debt to a minimum
- Contribute back to the Open Source community where appropriate
- Participate in the Indianapolis area developer community, as well as the worldwide virtual community of software development
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in web development with Ruby or similar web development language preferred
- Demonstrable experience in software development with Ruby 1.9.x+ and Rails 3.x+
- Experience preferred in one or more of the following technologies:
- Ability to learn and use leading technologies
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Able to work independently, self-motivated, and a strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and fix software defects and configuration issues
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Previous experience in a team environment preferred
- On the job, ongoing
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time
- Ability to operate office equipment, computers, faxes, copiers, and phones
- The position requires good speaking and listening skills
- The position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail
- Work Environment:
- Corporate office position
- Minimal travel may be required
This information is not designed to be a complete inventory of the job’s duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Rather, it’s designed to give the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this job title.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.