Mortgage File Review Analyst
- Charlotte, NC
The Clarity Group, LLC:
Clarity is a professional information technology-staffing firm for the financial services industry. Our passion is locating and delivering highly specific talent for world class trading firms. Our client base is diverse, from major investment banks to top global hedge funds. We are in daily contact with senior managers, quantitative analysts, developers and technical support personnel for a broad range of financial firms. Our work has enabled us to develop a highly productive and respected network of professionals and we have a well-known name within our niche.
This is a Consulting position located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
This individual works at the client’s site and is responsible for making determinations of harm defined by the OCC Consent Decree of April 2011 as updated and augmented by additional OCC guidance
Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Business hours will match the client’s normal business hours when on site as determined by project requirements.
Success is defined by the quality and timeliness of deliverables; therefore overtime and schedule changes with limited prior notice may be required to meet client and SEG obligations. Ability to work long hours and weekends is required.
Out-of-town travel will be required
This position provides key professional, business and technical skills to the client. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform mortgage file review, analyzing data and documentation in accordance with the case review methodology.
- Perform Harm Determination protocol as described in OCC Guidelines as updated.
- Report Harm determinations in a manner clear, concise and accurate
- Ensure documentation supports Harm findings.
- Consistent performance of file reviews, proactively reaching production goals while maintaining highest quality results.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years mortgage post-closing/mortgage servicing experience, or equivalent commercial banking or legal experience with focus in loan related Finance or Accounting.
- Working knowledge of Single Family Residential (SFR) loan servicing, including loan accounting
- Knowledgeable of laws governing S F R mortgages
- Able to accurately analyze and interpret data
- Working knowledge of loss mitigation, bankruptcy and/or foreclosure loan files
- Working knowledge of loan workouts
- Working knowledge of due diligence review methods, procedures, reporting (post-closing)
- Working knowledge of conventional, non-conventional, FHA/VA, ALT-A mortgage loan programs
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas: BK, Judicial Foreclosure, Non-Judicial Foreclosure, Loss Mitigation, Default Servicing, Real Property Ownership and Conveyance
- Knowledge of documentation required to perfect mortgage finance transactions and the correlation of the documents (e.g. Note, Security instrument, Assignment).
Additional Experience Preferred:
- Mortgage post closing document review
- Paralegal in SFR real estate
- Experience with national quality assurance programs, including hands-on involvement in quality assurance methods, procedures, reporting
- Working with advanced knowledge of MERS
- Experience with an operational review of mortgage documents subject to regulatory scrutiny (FDIC closure, OCC action, OTS, State regulators/examiners) including recorded documents (vs. Unrecorded documents)
- Ability to work both effectively in a team environment and independently
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas: accounting, budgeting, consolidation, performance reporting, financial reporting, forecasting, process improvement, financial planning and strategy
Skills / Ability:
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to report findings succinctly and accurately utilizing proper grammar and spelling
- Operational efficiency with Microsoft Office software programs, particularly Excel, and client IT systems and software
- Organizational skills within a technical environment to organize and maintain folders of documentation needed to complete specific tests
- Comfortable working in a paperless environment
- Able to multitask and prioritize efficiently and effectively
- Strives for work excellence
- Takes accountability for performance (dependable and reliable)
- Develops and values strong working relationships
- Possesses a strong sense of urgency; highly motivated
- Driven to produce, keep focused on work and ability to flourish in a fast-changing fluid environment
- Professional demeanor
- Possess leadership qualities
- Must be a team player.
- Treats everyone with professionalism, courtesy and respect