- Mentor, OH
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on turbine jet engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE.
We offer a fantastic compensation package as well as an attractive work environment:
- Competitive Pay
- FULLY Paid Health Insurance Premiums
- Cash & Deferred Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team-Oriented, “Family-Style” Culture
- Lateral Management Structure
- Dynamic, growing business structure offering opportunity for creativity and innovation
- Relocation Available
- Provide Quality Engineering support for specific products (i.e. Cases/Frames, Rotating Parts) and/or processes (NDT, Visual/Dimensional Inspection, etc.)
- Investigate customer complaints and warranty considerations and compile technical reports documenting the investigation findings and corrective/preventive actions.
- Review and approve work instructions for compliance with OEM technical data (including blueprints) and industry specifications.
- Audit suppliers and internal processes for compliance with approved technical data, applicable industry specifications and government regulations.
- Promote continuous improvement efforts.
- Review pertinent technical data and governing regulations, customer specifications, etc. for relevance to CRT operations.
- Use formalized procedures to audit CRT internal operations for compliance with all approved technical data and applicable industry and government regulations. Audit vendors and suppliers as required.
- Use established internal control procedures to audit internally generated documents for compliance to approved technical data, government regulations, and industry standards.
- Act as an authorized representative of the repair station to determine airworthiness of products and sign maintenance release and material certification documents.
- Gather information for internal and vendor investigations for material review or corrective action processes.
- Sponsor positive process and procedure changes through suggestion system, corrective action system, and audit of rework and job cost data.
- Perform statistical analysis of data when required.
- Promote ongoing improvement of satisfaction of customer requirements, cost efficiency of operations, and procedural and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate training programs to assure the qualification and certification of employees per company or industry standards as defined by FAA approved overhaul procedures and company policy/procedures manual.
- Assist in general indoctrination of new employees. May include Quality Systems, Safety Program, Anti-Drug Program, general operating procedures, etc.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to organize and maintain records.
- Must have a minimum five years shop environment experience with a general knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Should have a minimum two years college or trade school with industrial focus, or equivalent.
- Experience with computers, quality auditing, Statistical Process Control, shop supervision, or other related experience.
- Must have or acquire general knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations and other governing regulations, general quality principles and systems, all applicable technical data, overhaul manuals, etc.
- Knowledge of turbine engine operation and its components.
- Experience creating quality manuals and establishing quality systems.
- Five to ten years’ experience in the aerospace industry in quality or engineering, with heavy emphasis on compliance to ISO standards and domestic and international civil aviation regulations.
- ASQ Certification (CQA and/or CQE).
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering field, with emphasis on quality control.
- Quality Specific training such as ISO 9001, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.