Human Resources Generalist
- Mentor, OH
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on turbine jet engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
We offer a fantastic compensation package as well as an attractive work environment:
- Competitive Pay
- FULLY Paid Health Insurance Premiums
- Cash & Deferred Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team-Oriented, “Family-Style” Culture
- Lateral Management Structure
- Dynamic, growing business structure offering opportunity for creativity and innovation
The Human Resources Generalist performs a wide variety of complex and routine functions in all areas of HR with a primary focus in the areas of benefits administration, employee data and file management, employee relations and payroll. The HR Generalist works closely with the entire organization to ensure compliance and the efficient delivery of HR goals and objectives. The HR Generalist plays a key role of ensuring CRT’s values of Trust and Fairness and culture of teamwork is embraced and experienced by all employees.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers and maintains human resources programs and policies in the areas of benefits administration, employee data and file management, employee relations and payroll.
- Daily Interaction with employees at all levels of the organization guiding them in the appropriate application of HR policies and facilitating positive employee relations.
- Assists in the implementation of HR initiatives and solutions to advance organizational objectives.
- Maintains personnel files, employment records and employee-specific data.
- Maintains disciplinary, attendance, and performance management systems.
- Manages employee benefit programs including enrollment, administration, vendor relations, claims administration and compliance.
- Ability to process payroll including all calculations and reconciliation’s (back-up to payroll administrator).
- Maintains employment related survey and statistical data.
- Assists in coordinating employer-sponsored functions, including community and employee activities.
- Facilitates effective employee communication through various channels such as internal postings, mailings, messages, etc.
- Advises supervisors, managers and lead people on HR and organizational policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local agencies with regard to employment practices.
- Manages CRT Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program including reporting and compliance with the FAA.
- Builds positive relationships with team members, supervisors and managers. Is an advocate for positive relationship building throughout the organization.
- Manages HRIS portal within the company ERP system. Provides custom reporting and HR analytics to supervisors and managers as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Organizational Psychology or the equivalent in work experience.
- Five years of experience in Human Resource Generalist functions with a focus on benefits administration, employee data & file management, payroll processing and employee relations, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, connect, advise and instruct employees of all levels within the organization.
- Solid technical competency and knowledge in human resources principles, employment law and policies, payroll procedures, healthcare plan administration, coaching and counseling.
- At least intermediate level with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and wellbeing of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use tobacco. All candidates will be screened for nicotene prior to hire.
Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Check us out on the web!