- Mentor, OH
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on turbine jet engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
The appropriate candidate will have a driven passion to assess, develop, and sustain a culture of learning within CRT. The Training Specialist is a key business partner; working with leaders accross the organization to prepare and develop employees in support of business needs. The Training Specialist is also responsible for maintaining portions of the training program in compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements, as assigned.
- Develop Proof of Competency for positions within the company. Work with others in the organization to develop methods for determining Proof of Competency for all critical job functions. Base Proof of Competency on achievement of broad process competencies. Proof may be in the form of written or practical tests, or “grandfathered” achievements, but must always be documented.
- Define KSA’s for Position Descriptions. Work with department leaders and technical leaders within the company to define KSA requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities) for various positions in the company. Ensure KSA’s align with job functions, and align with company Position Descriptions, to meet company goals.
- Assess training gaps for the company, for departments, and for individuals. Develop in-house, or outsource assessments to identify gaps in overall training programs at the organizational and department/process level. Training programs include quality systems, HR programs, regulatory requirements, safety procedures and systems, as well as technical training programs for specific positions.
- Assess basic skill gaps for individuals. Identify gaps in basic skills such as math, reading, basic shop skills, or basic process knowledge of individuals who are in positions, or who are applying for positions within the company that require them. Use written or practical tests as best suited to the skill being measured. Provide remedial training programs when required to address basic skill gaps.
- Conduct group and individual training as needed. This may be a combination of classroom training, online instruction or hands-on training for skill-specific needs.
- Provide or develop training materials as required to meet company needs. When training course needs are identified, locate courses from outside sources, or where necessary, develop courses in-house to fill those needs. Enlist the assistance of department leaders and technical leaders within the company for the development or identification of training materials. Use A/V equipment as necessary. Stay up to date on software and A/V systems for training purposes.
- Work with department leadership to form training teams from company staff.
- Schedule training throughout the organization.
- Maintain training records for the company, for departments, and for individuals. Use computer systems to organize records and materials. Maintain hard files and records.
- Acquire and maintain training equipment and supplies necessary to support training program requirements.
- Maintain training facilities.
- Three to five years of experience teaching training classes in an adult learning environment.
- Polished communicator with the ability to interact and effectively support a diverse audience.
- Associates degree or higher, preferably in Learning and Development.
- Three to five years of experience developing curriculum and instructional materials both for classroom and computer based applications.
- Experience with learning management software and enterprise software preferred.
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize a diverse workload and manage large scale projects.
- Ability to articulate complex material to individuals at all levels of the organization in a way that is easy to understand.
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and wellbeing of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use tobacco products. In addition to drug and alcohol testing all candidates will be screened for nicotine prior to hire.
Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Training, Instructional design, Culture of learning, Learning & Development, Corporate Trainer, Learning development specialist, Learning Organization, L&D, Learning Management, Organizational Development, Training & Development, eLearning, CBT, Adult Learning.
Check us out on the web!