Hardware QA Lead Engineer (66-050313A)
- Draper, UT
Control4 is the platform for today’s digital home and is the first company to make whole-home automation a practical option for any residence. Control4's affordable and easy to use software and hardware products enable home theater control, multi-room music, smart lighting, temperature control and security, through a range of in-home and over-the-web remote control technology. The company delivers automation and control solutions beyond the residential market, helping commercial, hospitality, utilities and consumer electronics partners leverage the Control4 platform to meet business objectives.
This lead position demonstrates a hands-on approach to Hardware verification for timely delivery of high quality products. The incumbent must utilize Hardware test engineering concepts to include test planning, design, analysis, execution, and test optimization. The role will focus the testing of all new and current products. Testing includes: Reliability (HALT/HASS), ESD, stress limits, functional limits, parametric signal, physical tests (packaging), etc.
ITEMIZED DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Defining and implementing test case design rules, techniques, and methods to set reliability, quality and performance goals.
- Integrate electrical, mechanical, and firmware testing into a consolidated “Test Plan”.
- Define and test to all technical and functional specifications, identifying and resolving any gaps or incompatibilities in designs. Troubleshoot malfunctions to isolate faulty components, and distinguish between hardware and firmware bugs.
- Providing input to reliability testing and quality planning to identify potential problems with new and existing products.
- Evaluating test strategies and determine the priority of test case implementation and execution so that quality is not compromised.
- Capture and analyze metrics (defect rates, automation, coverage, and related data) to gain quality and performance insights for continuous improvement.
- Develop and institutionalize hardware quality assurance standards, procedures, practices, and guidelines that are designed to limit quality risks, improve effectiveness/productivity, and adjust with the marketplace technology.
NEEDED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience in technology.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a hardware development role as an individual contributor (QA Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Systems Engineering).
- 1+ years experience in leadership of a quality assurance team.
- 1+ years experience working closely with contract manufacturers.
- Proven experience working with various compliance and licensing organizations (UL, RoHS, FTC, etc.) and obtaining certifications.
- BS from an accredited university in a related technical field.
- Experience communicating effectively with higher-level management.
- Strong ability to identify risks and develop contingency plans.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field or a combination of education and applicable work experience.
All applicants must apply online; no emails please:
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.