Sr. Software Engineer in Test (73-040813B)
- Draper, UT
Control4 is the platform for today’s digital home and is the first company to make whole-home automation a practical option for any residence. Control4's affordable and easy to use software and hardware products enable home theater control, multi-room music, smart lighting, temperature control and security, through a range of in-home and over-the-web remote control technology. The company delivers automation and control solutions beyond the residential market, helping commercial, hospitality, utilities and consumer electronics partners leverage the Control4 platform to meet business objectives.
Plans, performs and is accountable for all aspects of the Quality Engineering function for home automation. Work performance is in conformance with quality standards and requirements. Interface with all departments in the Control4 organization for product performance, functional testing, system enhancements, and general support.
ITEMIZED DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Develop, maintain, and enhance automation framework to be used for regression testing.
- Execute manual and automated regression tests on a needed basis
- Participate and contribute to scrum team
- Test Control4 solution to verify that it functions against predetermined specifications and report defects.
- Responsible for designing and implementing performance and load testing scripts.
- Automate various other tasks within Quality Assurance to make testing more efficient.
- Develop hardware and mechanical engineering testing methods.
- Review functional, marketing and design specifications, participate in product design discussions and assure that quality is inherent to the design.
- Other duties as assigned.
NEEDED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of automation framework
- Can understand and develop automation tools using: C++, C#, Java, and PHP.
- Set up different Testing Environments for SDLC (software development life cycle).
- Work with development team to review & understand software components to ensure effective testing.
- Design and implement automated test scripts.
- Works closely with Principal QA Engineer to support high quality standards.
- Develop and maintain an expertise in Control4 technology and products.
- Create test plans, test cases, and release criteria for a given release.
- Prepare reports of conclusions and recommend changes or modifications.
- Utilize appropriate statistical methods to analyze data and interpret results.
- Willingness to work in an agile scrum environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience developing and implementing code testing hardware.
- Working knowledge of C/C++, C#, Java, and PHP.
- Proficient in at least one of the above languages.
- Experience working in Quality Assurance and identifying and debugging code.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Knowledge of Objective C
- Experience using Ranorex Studio
- Experience testing mobile applications
- Experience with Control4 solution
All applicants must apply online; no emails or phone calls please:
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.